Apr 30, 2008

JUGGERNAUTS OF THE NIGHT

I'm currently kicking myself in the face because I did not bring my camera to the Midnight Juggernauts show last night, and because I came in and missed the first half of my favorite track by them, Road to Recovery. I was able to snap some spectral images on my phone that don't really make them look like anything special but be not fooled, mere mortal, this shit was off the chain!

It's been a while since I've been to a died in the wool rock show, and this was not one of those. They implemented midi control to loop guitar riffs, even had a midi xylaphone I believe. If you wanted to classify the music it was at times almost hardcore and at other nu-wave 80s kickbacks. I was awestruck by the emotion in their voices and the excellent showmanship and stage presence they had in the small, intimate, venue, the Hi-Dive. What a treat!

I had the pleasure of shaking hands with lead singer / keyboardist Vincent Vendetta (god he has such an amazing voice) who was keen with the 70+ person turnout, he stated that he was not even sure that anyone in Denver would have heard of them. To each person who approached him he would genuinely thank them for coming out and supporting the band. Dashing!

Midnight Juggernauts=A+ !!! Sorry to everyone/anyone who missed this!

0 comments:

LOOKBACK